Monday, March 30, 2009

out-n-about

So yesterday I was fortunate enough to go up in an airplane and fly around for awhile, man is that cool. My father-in-law has his pilots licence and is a part of the Alexandria flying club so him and I went up for a little ride. We took off from the Alexandria airport and headed east to look at one of our properties, in case you were wondering Rodney(father-in-law) and I own 3 property's, they were all foreclosures so we bought them and Arnie(brother in-law) and I fixed them up and we put them up for sale and we still have them for sale. Any ways back to the flying around, so we went east to Sauk Center and then north to Wadena and went up close to Fargo to check out the flood then back to Alexandria. The whole time that we were flying we saw 15 deer and that was it, but the coolest thing about seeing the deer was that 6 of them were on a food plot on our property I am not even joking I about filled my pants when I seen them I couldn't even believe it. So when I got home I started figuring out stand locations and what I am going to plant for food plots and then I heard the lovely forecast for this week and all of my excitement went right down the drain. On the positive note the turkeys are out in full force and there has even been reports from a local professional stating that she heard turkeys gobbling.

Mark it on your calenders May 9th at the Parkers Prairie Event Center Sportsman's Bonanza there will be speakers like Kip Adams and an Official Boone & Crockett and Pope and Young scoring official there so come and bring old or new sheds and kills to see if they make "Book" Check out this link http://p2wwhitetails.com

Later

No comments:

Post a Comment